Sacramento Plumbing Guidance: California Businesses Transitioning
As the greater Sacramento area eases into stages of re-opening of the California Resilience Roadmap, Rapid First Plumbing maintains a vigilant pulse on information as it becomes available. As an essential business, we’ve been able to continue providing plumbing and drain cleaning services to our residential and commercial clients while maintaining modified safety precautions. The well-being of our clients and our Rapid First Plumbing team is our priority.
Businesses are adapting to make workplaces safe for workers, clients, and customers, even if “open” means something different than the familiar. Concerning plumbing, we have some resources and general, yet important, suggestions to offer as part of that safety process.
Before opening your business to workers and the public, consider having your entire water supply and drainage systems flushed as a high priority. The goal is to eliminate stagnant water and possible debris from all plumbing and to identify any possible problems.
- Run water through all faucets and fixtures, hot and cold; however, to prevent possible flooding, avoid letting all the fixtures in the building run simultaneously. Wherever water is flowing, stay in the area to monitor drainage for potential problems. Run the hot tap until the water reaches maximum temp and the cold for several minutes. Make sure water is clear in color, odor-free, and flows freely. Again, monitor for proper drainage to avoid flooding!
- Don’t forget to flush and clean, following manufacturer’s guidelines in all cases, all appliances or machines hooked up to, or that use water. Examples include (but not limited to): Run dishwashers, clean out all ice from freezers, clean freezers thoroughly and run ice makers, then discard first ice made.
- Drain and refill water heaters.
- Flush all toilets and urinals to ensure proper flow.
- Check for dry traps. If water is supposed to flow from it or drain out of it, make sure it is still flowing and draining.
We are confident our Sacramento area businesses and residents are coming together to ensure safety for everyone. Rapid First Plumbing is an essential business prepared to help relieve your stress by taking care of your plumbing problems. We’ll handle the plumbing while you focus on other matters that require your attention.
Rapid First Plumbing is your Sacramento plumber for all your commercial and residential needs. Contact our office at 916-448-2672, or the easy to remember 1-800 IT FLOWS. You can also connect with us at www.rapidfirstplumbing.com.
***CURRENT Service hours are 7A to 7P***